Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Blizzard in the Box


I love a good snowstorm.  I love standing in the middle of a river while snowflakes land on your wading jacket and hood.  I love that feeling of impending chaos that gets trout all riled up.

Weather forecasts are great at creating a sense of urgency....like "holy crap, it's about to get really cold for a long period of time and if I don't take today off work I won't have another chance to fish for well over a week."

Shane and I decided it was in our best interests to put the real world on hold and hit the river.  We snowshoed through the woods through stands of Christmas trees to a place I haven't fished in about a year.  It was fun.














We even got into some fish...



Shane with a Streamer Eater
Despite the slow fishing, extreme cold and persistent ice in our rod guides, it was really good to get out - especially since it may be a while before it happens again given the forecast.

No comments:

Post a Comment